Founded in 2002, Premium Power Corporation manufactures flow batteries based on the company’s
proprietary Zinc-Flow® advanced energy storage technology. Our Company
is headquartered in North Reading, Massachusetts, USA.
Commercial applications include:
- Utility infrastructure. Reserve power for electric utility facilities
that provide transmission and distribution of electricity, providing
benefits associated with:
- Asset deferral;
- Peak demand management;
- Voltage support of long radial circuits;
- Energy arbitrage; and
- Ancillary services.
- Bulk energy storage for renewable energy generation assets including
wind and solar, to provide:
- Time shifting; and
- A reduction in curtailment events.
- Peak-shaving (load shifting) to reduce end-users’ electricity
costs by lowering peak demand and time-of-use energy charges.
- Electric power back-up of mission-critical equipment in locations
such as wireless cell sites, POPs, central offices, cable communications
head-ends, data centers, and utility substations.